Indian cricketer Rohit Sharma created a world record by scoring two double centuries in the ODI on Thursday 13th November 2014 in Kolkata against Sri Lanka.
After missing international cricket for a while due to an injury, Rohit made a comeback into team India in the 4th ODI match against Sri Lanka. And we must say what a comeback it is! He scored 264 runs off 173 balls with 33 boundaries and 9 sixes. India’s total score was 404/4 off 50 overs. Rohit created 5 records in this match, the records are as follows,
- Rohit became the highest scorer in ODI cricket with 264 runs and surpassed Virendra Sehwag’s record of 219 runs.
- Rohit became the first person to score two double centuries in ODI cricket.
- Rohit made an record of scoring 33 fours in the innings and beat Sachin Tendulkar’s record of 25 fours.
- Rohit also made the record of most runs in boundaries as he scored 186 runs just through 33 fours & 9 sixes.
- Rohit became the highest scorer Indian in List A cricket.
Marathi Sanmaan congratulates Rohit for all these records! Entire nation is proud of you! Share your warm wishes by commenting below.